Saturday, January 21, 2006

Do CEOs Count Sheep?


I laughed out loud while reading an interview in SmartMoney with Ramani Ayer, CEO of The Harford, the 10th largest insurer. A typical CEO interview question is if the chief executive has trouble sleeping at night in light of all the challenges and pressures of running companies today. Most CEOs say they sleep like babies giving the impression that they are confident about their decisions and do not second-guess themselves. I can confidently say that nearly 95 percent of CEOs who have been asked this question by journalists respond by saying they do not stay awake counting sheep. Of course, many of us non-CEOs lay awake at night worrying about what we did that day, said or did not say.

Therefore I have to hand it to Mr. Ayer. When asked by writer Evelyn Twitchell about how his nights go,the CEO said, "I sleep like a baby -- I get up every two hours and I cry." I know that his comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek but my immediate reaction was here's a CEO with a true human side (and a nice touch of humor). It was heartening to read and quite commendable.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Rick J said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Rick J said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home