Monday, February 06, 2006

A Living Annual Report


I know I am getting carried away with my idea of turning an annual report into a blog to be written by employees (see my entry for February 1st, Out of the Mouth of CEOs). But now I have a name for it -- The Living Annual Report.

Here's a new twist. During a conversation I had this afternoon with a gentleman who heads sustainability for a foreign bank, we got to talking about turning sustainability reports into blogs that are always "open." Imagine a sustainability report that is a blog where community residents, employees, NGOs, corporate citizens of the world, receivers of a company's largesse, laborers, academics, students, alumni, social investors, etc. could comment and respond on the company's record. Both an exciting and frightening idea.

Reputation would be utterly transparent. Had to share it now that I found a name.

3 Comments:

Blogger David Maister said...

Absolutely fascinating! Let's see if anyone picks it up. I don't mean to be unnecessarily provocative, but would Burson or WPP be willing to lead the way on this?

8:22 AM  
Blogger lgr said...

Thanks for the comment. I will see if I can get consideration for this idea. lgr

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Medical Benefits said...

Work from Home for a Christian Inc. 500 Company, 20+ Years old, High Tech Products. Part Time, Full Time, Medical Benefits, Luxury Car Allowance. Paid Travel, Direct Sales, Sale Managers, Train Others. THE ONLY LIMIT ON YOUR INCOME IS YOU

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home